Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution entails storing and/or sharing certain web content on a server hosted by a website hosting provider. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different ends, so let's take a look at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to launch a weblog, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some file storage providers, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the workload between individual bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a vast amount of pics with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to handling your electronic mail accounts. Some firms provide website hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you would like to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many videos as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for particular content only.